Halloween: Duck Dynasty costume DiY

We ended up dressing up as Willie and his wife Korie from Duck Dynasty for our Halloween party.  If you watch the show my hair looks more like Jessica's, but Korie is blonde too.  

My husband normally looks nothing like this photo.  He glued the beard on so well he had a hard time eating;).  

Here is what he used for his Willie costume:
The bandana was part of a generic duck hunter costume I found at a costume store.
I also found his beard at a different costume store.  His beard/hair was harder to find than I would have thought.  We checked out a Duck Dynasty costume kit, but the beard wasn't full at all.  I even bought doll hair thinking I could try to make one.  Fortunately for him I found this beard and hair in a set.  He was getting worried when I brought home the doll hair.  We used spirit glue to apply the beard/mustache.  The Aviator style sunglasses he already had and he borrowed the hunting shirt from one of his friends.  Willie often wears jeans, so my husband wore some he had and brown shoes.


For the Duck Dynasty wife look here's what I wore:
I found two blonde hair extensions for $3 each.  They look like a mess in this picture, but they were really close to my hair color and looked better in person.
I wore fake eyelashes for the first time and LOVED them.  The lipstick I wore is Mac Ruby Woo.  
The Duck Dynasty shirt I found at Scheels.  I had the belt and sweater in my closet.

I found these pants at Gap for 40% off.  I really like how they fit and plan to wear them again.
I wore brown suede bootie heels I had that are a similar color to the ones shown in the photo above.

No comments:

Post a Comment