DiY Thursday: Striped Wreath

So it's September and my wreath I put up for the 4th of July was still on my door until yesterday!  I haven't been ready to put a Halloween wreath up yet so I came up with a wreath that would help me accept the reality that summer is almost over.  I went through a phase where I loved making yarn wreaths then I switched to making burlap wreaths and for this one I thought I would combine the two.  

 The Supplies: Straw wreath, burlap ribbon, and yarn.  I purchased all the supplies at Hobby Lobby.  These items are often 40 percent off.
 Step 1:  Unwrap the yarn.  I really love this yarn!  Soft and striped!
 Step 2: Keeping the straw wreath wrapped in plastic you'll want to wrap the yarn around the wreath  and tie it in a knot.    

 Once you have the yarn in a knot around the wreath you are ready for the next step.
 Step 3:  This step is the perfect time to watch a movie or catch up on your favorite show.  You want to wrap and wrap and keep wrapping the yarn around the wreath until the straw is completely covered.  I did this while finally watching the last episode of Downton Abbey Season 3.  I have been putting it off for so long.  
 Step 4:  Cut enough burlap ribbon to tie a large bow and wrap it around like the picture above.
  Step 5: Tie the burlap in a knot then a bow.
Step 6:  Cut the ends of the bow so they are even.

Step 7: Hang your wreath!  Depending on what type of hook you'll be hanging the wreath with you can opt to use ribbon or not.  I used some gray ribbon and you are done.

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute and it was great to meet you at the bloggers' night at Cardio Barre Quarry Bend!

    Kim, utahcountymoms.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Loved meeting you!

    ReplyDelete