Healthy Monday: Half Marathon Training Printable

I'm finally getting around to starting our posts on half marathon training.  I'll start by saying I have a love hate relationship with training for half marathons.  Sometimes it's really hard to get the long run in each week.  I should have done my long run last weekend, but with family in town it got pushed back to today.  For weeks I've been getting together with girlfriends watching the Bachelor, but tonight I was running on the treadmill watching the first half of the finale.  The second half I was eating Cafe Rio and trying to explain to my husband what is going on.  I do love his comments during the show even if they are the opposite of what the girls I normally watch it with would be saying.  
Most half marathon training schedules are 8, 10, or 12 weeks.  I have done twelve week ones in the past where you reach your maximum run then taper off before the half marathon.  This time I am doing an 8 week training.  It's going well so far.   I created this training program from modifying which days I wanted to do my long runs and rest days.  On the XT or cross training days you can do yoga, pilates, Zumba, or any other exercise besides running.  Running is half physical/half mental.  You can do it!







 You can print out your own 8 week Half Marathon Schedule here.

No comments:

Post a Comment