DiY Thursday

This DiY is a Halloween wreath.
Can you tell Halloween has been on my mind this week?  The snow we had today might have convinced me to buy Christmas pillows, but Halloween comes first.  
  I love making wreaths.  They add so much to a door. 
Step 1: Purchase a straw wreath wrapped in plastic like this.

I still had some lying around from a yarn wreath kick my neighborhood went on in the spring. 
Step 2: Purchase a yard of orange burlap.  I found mine at Hobby Lobby.
Step 3: Cut the burlap into 3 inch. wide strips.
Step 4: Grab a glue gun and start wrapping.  Glue when needed to keep the burlap wrapped tightly.
The wreath should look like this when you are finished wrapping the burlap.
Burlap is a little tricky and will fray.  Cut loose strings with scissors.
Step 5: Purchase web placemat from Target.
Step 6: Put placemat on the back of the wreath and cut it from a rectangle to the shape of the wreath.
 Step 7: Glue placemat to back of wreath.
Step 8: Use black tulle and coordinating ribbon to hang your wreath.
It will look like this.
Step 9: Find some decorative spiders.  I purchased a four pack from Target for $1.00.

 Step 10: Use a glue gun to place them on the wreath.

 I ended up using three spiders.  Here is the finished wreath.
Oh and I almost forgot.  You can add a mommy spider too.

Love the wreath, but don't want to make it yourself.  Purchase it here or here.


  1. Very cute!!!! :) I'll be sharing this!


  2. Very cute!!!! :) I'll be sharing this!


  3. I used this idea but used a pool noodle i got 50% off at the dollar tree with colored duct tape & used the little colored spider rings to stick in the web. Turned out cute & saved me $. Thanks for the inspiration :)

  4. I made this today, thanks for sharing your how-to's and idea! I love it!

  5. I made this today, thanks for sharing your how-to's and idea! I love it!

  6. Love this, it's so fun. Not sure if I'll have time to make one for this halloween but will definitely save for next year thanks for sharing :)

  7. I used to be able to find good info from your content.
    Here is my webpage :: amber leaf

  8. I love it when people get together and share thoughts. Great blog,
    stick with it!
    my site: Laser Tattoo Removal

  9. This is one of the cuter Halloween wreaths I've seen. Great idea!

  10. How is the tulle and ribbon attached?