Fall Wreath Week: TBT DiY



*I originally posted this Burlap spider wreath DiY a few years ago.  Since it's still one of my favorites here it again for fall wreath week.

Step 1: Purchase a straw wreath wrapped in plastic like this.



I still had some lying around from a yarn wreath kick my neighborhood went on in the spring.

Step 2: Purchase a yard of orange burlap.  I found mine at Hobby Lobby.



Step 3: Cut the burlap into 3 inch. wide strips.

Step 4: Grab a glue gun and start wrapping.  Glue when needed to keep the burlap wrapped tightly.



The wreath should look like this when you are finished wrapping the burlap.


Burlap is a little tricky and will fray.  Cut loose strings with scissors.

Step 5: Purchase web placemat from Target.



Step 6: Put placemat on the back of the wreath and cut it from a rectangle to the shape of the wreath.


 Step 7: Glue placemat to back of wreath.



Step 8: Use black tulle and coordinating ribbon to hang your wreath.


It will look like this.

Step 9: Find some decorative spiders.  I purchased a four pack from Target for $1.00.



 Step 10: Use a glue gun to place them on the wreath.





 I ended up using three spiders.  Here is the finished wreath.



Oh and I almost forgot.  You can add a mommy spider too.











No comments:

Post a Comment